Work From Home
Are You a Problem Solver? Work From Home as a Percona IT Service Desk Agent
If you love technology and have a knack for understanding and finding solutions to problems, a career as an IT service desk agent could be a great fit. Percona, a database consulting firm that works with some of the biggest names in the tech industry like IBM and Intel, is hiring one right now.
This position is fully remote and serves as end-users’ first point of contact to troubleshoot issues. While it does not require specific educational degrees or certifications, some experience in the field is necessary.
You’ll need to work U.S. Eastern time zone hours, although some availability to work EMEA hours is also required.
IT Service Desk Agent at Percona
- Handling the service desk ticket queue and chat as first-level support.
- Onboarding/offboarding access management routine tasks.
- Handling basic workstation support, troubleshooting, etc.
- Continuously learning from next level support technicians.
- Handling and prioritizing tickets, chats and calls.
- Updating tickets.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Experience working cross-functionally with teams.
- Service desk software experience.
- Proven record of providing first-level technical support for Windows, Mac, and/or Linux workstations, endpoint security solutions, antivirus, VPN, basic networking, etc.
- Ability to work U.S. Eastern time zone hours, but to also have the flexibility to sometimes work EMEA hours on occasion.
- 20 vacation days annually.
- 10 sick days annually.
- Flexible hours.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.