Work From Home
This Mental Health Therapy Website Needs Part-Time Community Moderators
The world could use a little more love, and you’ll be able to ensure that happens as a part-time community moderator at 7Cups.
Since its launch in 2013, 7Cups (aka 7 Cups of Tea — the name comes from the title of an ancient Chinese poem) says 2 million people worldwide have used its platform to connect with each other and volunteer “listeners” to talk about mental-health issues.
Whether it’s work stress, family problems or addiction, users can join a chat or forum for free, 24/7.
That’s where you’ll come in as a community moderator. You’ll keep chat-room conversations supportive in tone and maintain clear boundaries between users. Sometimes conflicts arise, but you’ll be there to de-escalate them quickly.
These moderation-management intern positions are available to applicants anywhere, 18 or older. While there are no specific experience requirements, strong leadership and negotiation skills are needed, as is a keen sense of emotional boundaries.
Community Moderator at 7Cups
Pay: Not Specified
- Fostering a supportive environment where users can discuss heavy topics related to mental illness through private chats and community forum posts.
- Monitoring discussions to ensure they adhere to community guidelines and removing them promptly if they don’t.
- De-escalating conflicts between users.
- Tracking statistics and data related to the chat system.
Applicants for this position must:
- Have intuitive people skills.
- Have an ability to foster a supportive space for discussion about any topic.
- Be able to stay calm in challenging situations.
- Have some experience with stats and data tracking.
- Pass a background check.