Work From Home
Transcom Is Hiring Full-Time Tech and Customer Support Reps in 28 States
Restarting the power is a quick fix for most technical issues. But are you equipped to handle the more complicated problems? Can you walk people through their internet connection settings and teach them how to reset their routers, all with the patience of a saint?
The global customer service provider Transcom is hiring technical support agents in these 28 states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. (Here’s why some jobs are only available in certain states.)
The full-time reps handle customer issues related to their smartphones, tablets and computers..
This position is fully online, including paid training. Hours are between 32 and 40 a week. Transcom employees get medical, dental and vision care, including dependent coverage. They also get paid time off and a 401(k) plan with employer matching.
Previous call center and work-from-home experience is preferred but not required.
Technical and Customer Service Representative at Transcom
- Handlingcustomer calls about a variety of topics including technical problems and product or service inquiries.
- Using multiple internal systems to collaborate with coworkers, supervisors and customers.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A residence in one of the 28 states mentioned above.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- An ability to type 40 words per minute
- A flexible schedule with weekend, evening and holiday availability as needed.
- A dedicated home-office environment with a hardwired DSL or cable internet connection (20 Mbps download; 3 Mbps upload).
- Health, dental and vision insurance (with dependent coverage).
- Paid time off.
- 401(k) retirement program with employer matching.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job