Work From Home
Transcom Is Hiring Technical Support Agents in 30 States, $400 Hiring Bonus
You know how your tech savviness and patient demeanor makes you the default family member for helping everyone figure out how to use their laptops? You could get paid for that.
Customer service provider Transcom is hiring remote technical support home agents in 30 states. In this role, you’ll assist inbound callers by answering product questions and troubleshooting technical issues with their smartphones, tablets and computers.
Transcom provides you an all-in-one computer and monitor for this position. The computer contains a built-in webcam that is required for training and meetings.
The company is hiring agents from the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia and Wisconsin. (Here’s why some companies sometimes have state restrictions on work-from-home jobs.)
Once hired, you’ll complete three weeks of paid virtual training, which includes instructor-led presentations, interactive activities, classroom webcam discussions, role-playing and taking live customer calls.
Following training, you’ll complete two weeks of paid “nesting” where you will transition to taking customer calls full-time. After that, you’ll start earning $13 an hour working your production schedule, which could include evenings and weekends.
The classes fill up quickly. It’s best to get your application in early so you can snag one of the following training dates:
- Aug. 8
- Aug. 22
- Sept. 5
- Sept. 19
To apply for this job, visit the Transcom career page for the United States and Canada. Scroll down to “Open Positions” and click on Remote Technical Support Agent as well as additional job opportunities.
Technical Support Agent at Transcom
Pay: $11/hour during training and nesting, then $13/hour
- Engaging with callers in a calm, professional manner to resolve tech issues and customer situations.
- Navigating multiple applications to find solutions.
- Multitasking in fast-paced environment while providing step-by-step instructions.
Applicants for this position must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Pass a criminal background check.
- Be able to work full-time (32 to 40 hours per week) on a variety of shifts (including evenings, weekends and holidays).
- Possess strong computer knowledge.
- Be able to accurately type at least 40 words per minute.
- Have excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Work in a secure, quiet, distraction-free environment without any conflicting responsibilities (such as caring for a family member).
- Have a home office with DSL or cable internet that is hardwired into a modem or router via ethernet. Minimum download speed must be 20Mbps, minimum upload speed must be 3Mbps and Ping must be less than 100 ms. (You can check your speeds at fast.com)
- Provide a compatible headset with a noise-cancelling boom microphone. The headset must have a 3.5mm connection audio port using either a quick-disconnect or dedicated 3.5mm wire.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- $400 hiring bonus if you work 470 hours within your first 90 days of employment without any final written warnings.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k) with employer-match options.
- Monthly performance bonuses.
- Ongoing training and career advancement opportunities.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder.