Work From Home
UnitedHealth Group Is Hiring Senior Data-Entry Clerks (Includes Benefits)
You’re a by-the-book sort of person, right?
UnitedHealth Group is looking for senior data-entry clerks to work remotely for one of its subsidiary companies, Optum.
For this job, you’ll need to stick to the cold, hard facts when contacting healthcare professionals to retrieve missing or incomplete information for billing purposes. You’ll also have to be able to articulate what documentation is needed and which services are covered.
You must be available to work full time (40 hours) with the flexibility to work an eight-hour shift between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and overtime as needed.
Senior Data Entry Clerk at Optum
- Calling health care providers and customers to retrieve missing information on service paperwork, gathering info to ensure services meet contractual guidelines.
- Updating database with service results, clearly and concisely documenting updates.
- Reviewing service orders and resolving issues to ensure turnaround times are met.
- Transcribing handwritten documents from the provider into electronic forms.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or GED; associate’s degree or higher preferred.
- At least two years of data entry and customer service experience.
- Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word.
- Electronic file and database management experience.
- Knowledge of healthcare documentation and terminology.
- Multitasking, organizational and time management skills.
- An appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under time-sensitive deadlines.
- A high-speed internet connection approved by UnitedHealth Group.
- A distraction-free workspace.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Employee stock purchasing plan
- Paid time off, plus company holidays.
- Adoption assistance and paid parental leave.
- Education reimbursement.
- Access to UnitedHealth Group Credit Union.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.