Work From Home
Verizon Is Hiring Experienced Customer Service Reps in Texas
Hey, Lone Star State: Want to work from home?
Verizon is hiring customer service reps in Irving, Texas — but you’ll be so much more, according to the job description. You’ll also be a salesperson, billing expert and troubleshooter all rolled into one. Don’t worry, Verizon will teach you everything you need to know about this role, and will answer all your questions once you complete the hiring process and assessment.
So if you’re a tech-savvy problem solver with a high school diploma, GED or associate’s degree who loves to help people, this job could be the perfect fit for you.
As part of the hiring process, you may be required to take a 30-minute assessment and record a 30-minute video interview.
While this is a work-from-home position, you will occasionally come to the office for in-person meetings and training.
Customer Service Representative at Verizon
- Speaking with customers, answering questions, building relationships and selling solutions.
- Troubleshooting customer problems and identifying solutions.
- Helping customers understand Verizon’s products.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or GED (associate’s degree preferred).
- At least one year of customer service and/or sales experience.
- Willingness to work split shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Hard-wired cable or fiber modem internet service capable of at least 25mbps.
- Dedicated, private workspace with a desk and chair. (Verizon conducts periodic home audits via webcam to ensure your workspace meets requirements.)
- Time-management and self-sufficiency skills.
Benefits may include:
- Company-provided computer equipment.
- Tuition assistance.
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee discounts.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.