Work From Home
Wayfair Is Hiring a Customer Service Manager to Work Overnights
Attention night owls with management experience — check this job out.
Wayfair, the e-commerce giant in the home goods industry, is hiring a virtual customer service manager. This position will oversee sales and service consultants during the overnight shift, from 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. EST.
Once hired, you’ll be tasked with managing a team of 12-18 virtual agents, assisting them with any questions regarding post-order issues. These issues include, but are not limited to: returns, replacements, refunds, delivery status and back-order inquiries.
You’ll also find ways to improve customer satisfaction by coaching and developing your team and analyzing data trends.
Virtual Customer Service Manager (Overnight Shift) at Wayfair
Pay: Not Specified
- Managing a virtual team of 12-18 consultants.
- Supervising sales and service consultants answering calls or emails from customers.
- Assisting the sales and service consultants with their questions regarding post-order issues such as returns, replacements, refunds, etc.
- Helping the consultants meet customer satisfaction goals and find new sales opportunities.
- Coaching and developing the agent’s soft skills and service techniques.
- Making recommendations and taking corrective actions to manage team performance, including disciplinary actions or termination as necessary.
- Working closely with human resources and senior leadership to resolve employee issues.
- Analyzing data and trends to find ways to close the performance gap.
- Reviewing time-off requests.
- Responding professionally to escalating customer service issues.
- Providing backup support by taking calls during staff shortages and high-volume activity when needed.
Applicants for this position must:
- Have at least three years of leadership experience.
- Have at least one year of experience leading a virtual team (noting specific examples on your resume is recommended).
- Have a college degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Be an excellent problem solver with a proven, results-oriented track record.
- Have the proven ability to close performance gaps.
- Be comfortable multitasking.
- Be able to provide relevant and immediate feedback.
- Be comfortable working a flexible schedule.
- Be prepared to alternate between sitting and standing throughout an eight-hour period.
- Have a basic understanding of how to operate a personal computer.
- Be able to maintain the required internet speeds.
- Be able to use a telephone system and headset.
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.