Work From Home
Work for a Division of UnitedHealth Group as a Patient Care Coordinator
UnitedHealth Group is hiring a patient care coordinator for OptumCare. In this fully remote position you will handle incoming and outgoing calls to patients for scheduling appointments, ordering tests and other tasks.
This is a full-time position working on an Eastern Standard Time schedule. It includes possible overtime opportunities, as well as benefits like health insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) and an employee stock purchase plan.
Although this job is listed as a remote opportunity, there is a possibility that you’ll need to commute to the Secaucus, New Jersey, call center in the future.
Patient Care Coordinator at UnitedHealth Group’s OptumCare
- Scheduling medical appointments using electronic medical record software.
- Verifying and updating insurance and other patient information.
- Registering new patients for services.
- Reviewing patient charts.
- Resolving or escalating customer issues.
- Confirming caller identity and authorization to receive information under HIPAA rules.
- Communicating with patients through a medical translator, as necessary.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- At least one year of health care or medical office customer service experience.
- 30+ WPM typing speed.
- Basic familiarity with medical and health insurance terminology.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience using EMR (Electronic Medical Record).
- Flexibility to work 40 hours per week anytime within the operating hours of the site, which may include weekends and holidays.
- Ability to commute to a call center in Secaucus, New Jersey, area in the future (if needed).
- Health, dental and vision
- Paid holidays
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.