Work From Home
Work From Home as an Online Event Producer for O’Reilly Media
Today’s get-togethers don’t always happen in person. Whether it’s family time or business meetings, many of these events have gone online. If you know how to organize, create, and execute online events with people in various time zones, you could be doing it as a career with learning company O’Reilly Media.
O’Reilly Media is hiring an event coordinator to host and moderate online training events. This position requires someone who is high-energy and detail-oriented to keep events engaging and moving along.
This is a full-time, work from home job with benefits like health insurance, paid time off, a 401(k) and parental leave.
Online Event Producer at O’Reilly Media
- Hosting live online training sessions for people in multiple time zones and moderating as needed.
- Training instructors on the O’Reilly Learning training platform.
- Preparing for events by editing and verifying materials for accuracy.
- Troubleshooting as needed during events to help them run as smoothly as possible.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Two or more years of experience running live conferences, virtual meetings or webcast events.
- Two or more years experience managing projects with high work volumes.
- Proficiency with computer audio and video.
- Experience with webcasting platforms such as: WebEx, GoToWebinar, Adobe Connect or ON24.
- Intermediate skills with PowerPoint, Keynote, PDFs and similar applications.
- Understanding of how to keep speakers and audiences engaged and keep the training moving at a good pace.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Parental leave.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.