We’ll always encourage you to go the extra mile and put in the work to earn and save more money. But we’re certainly not going to ignore opportunities to earn passive income on top at the same time!
Passive income is money you earn from anything that doesn’t rely directly on hours you work or tasks you complete. You put in the work upfront — like creating a page on your blog or publishing a book — and reap ongoing rewards without additional effort.
But those involve quite a lot of upfront work. Want to earn passive income from just a few minutes’ investment?
How to Make Money By Installing Apps
That’s what these six apps are for. They each offer you cash just for installing them. And most offer ongoing returns with no extra effort from you. How can you say no?
Take about 10 minutes to download these six apps today, and you could earn up to $85 just for signing up — and more than $770 in passive income this year!
1. Get $5 When You Sign Up to Start Investing With Clink
If you want to start investing, but aren’t ready for a full-throttle stock market education, try Clink. It’s an app that allows you to invest as little as $1 a day.
Clink does the heavy-lifting for you, withdrawing funds automatically from your bank account and investing them across a portfolio of exchange traded funds (ETFs), which most sources consider ideal for new investors.
You can set the app to invest any amount you choose daily, weekly, bi-weekly or monthly — or link a credit card and invest a percentage of what you spend.
And you can withdraw funds back into your bank account at any time.
The smallest amount you can invest is $1 a day, so set aside at least $30 this month to get your feet wet!
Here’s how to get $5 for registering:
- Enter your email here, and click on “Get $5.”
- You’ll be taken to the link to install the Clink app. Then complete your registration. You’ll receive $5 to your account within two business days.
- Want to earn even more? Invite your friends, and receive another $5 for every friend who signs up — you could earn up to $100.
2. Get $5 From Stash to Start Investing
We’re kind of obsessed with Stash (and not just because it gives you $5 upfront).
Stash is another uncomplicated way to start investing. Choose from a set of simple portfolios reflecting your beliefs, interests and goals, and it does the rest.
To get the $5 sign-up bonus:
- Enter your email here.
- Download the Stash smartphone app and set up your account with the same email address. Within two business days, you’ll see the bonus added to your account.
3. Earn $5/Month for Installing SavvyConnect
SavvyConnect is an online survey company that connects consumers with companies looking for your opinions.
When you install the new SavvyConnect app, you’ll earn $5 per month per device. You must be in the U.S. for this promotion.
The app conducts behavioral market research on your computer or mobile device while you browse the internet. Information is collected anonymously, and the software recognizes “private browsing” or “incognito mode” in major browsers and won’t collect information when you’re in those modes.
If you qualify, you’ll also receive notifications for paid surveys through the app, so you can earn more by completing those.
To get started and earn $5:
- Sign up here. U.S. members will receive an invitation to download the app.
- You’ll earn $5 per device for every month you keep the app installed.
- You’ll receive notifications for paid surveys based on your profile information, and have the option to earn even more by completing them.
- Once you’ve accumulated at least $1, you can request payment through your SavvyConnect account. You’ll receive a check through the mail within four to 12 weeks.
4. Get $15 for Using Smart Panel for 2 Weeks
Analytics company Smart Panel will literally pay you to download its free app.
The app’s purpose is to collect anonymous statistics from your phone to help your favorite websites, apps, tech companies and mobile carriers give you better services and more features.
For example, companies want to understand how much time consumers spend on Facebook each week, which YouTube videos we like and how often we check email.
It’s run by Verto Analytics, a trusted analytics firm — and, remember, stats are anonymous!
To get your $5 bonus:
- You actually can’t download this from the app store, but here’s the promo link. It’s free to download.
- Once you’ve qualified and downloaded the app, you’ll receive $5.
- Keep the app installed for at least two weeks, and you’ll get another $10.
- Then for every month you keep the app installed, you’ll get another $5. You can redeem your rewards via Paypal or an Amazon gift card.
In total, you can earn up to $75 in the first year, just for having the app installed on your phone.
5. Earn Up to $15/Month for Installing Media Insiders Panel
Media Insiders Panel has an ongoing project to help media companies better understand how consumers use, view and share TV, social, digital and mobile media.
This app “measures activities conducted on a device, such as sharing, viewing, clicking, chatting, downloading and more. The app also listens for TV shows, and, using technology of Gracenote, Inc., identifies which TV shows was captured.”
Just for installing the app and keeping it, you’ll get $5 a month per device. You can install the app on up to three devices for a single account and bank $15 a month!
You’ll also get a $5 bonus after you’ve kept the app installed for 12 weeks.
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign up at Media Insiders Panel
- Install and activate the MI Mobile app on your device(s).
- Watch your email for important information and instructions on next steps.
You can install the app on these devices:
- Android smartphones and tablets (4.0 or greater)
- Kindle Fire HD (but not first generation Kindle Fire)
- Apple devices running iOS 5.0 or greater.
6. Get $40 When You Sign Up for OhmConnect
California residents can earn up to $300/year by syncing their utility accounts to a program called OhmConnect and agreeing to help reduce energy usage by one hour per week.
OhmConnect wants to encourage residents to cut back on their energy consumption to reduce the demand that prompts unclean power sources to run. You’ll earn money for improving your habits, and you’re also helping the environment!
Just for signing up, you’ll get $20 instantly, or $40 if you’re an SCE (Southern California Edison) customer.
Here’s how to get started:
- Sign up for a free OhmConnect account and sync it with your online utility account. Get $20 to $40 when you sign up!
- You must have an online account with one of these three utility companies to participate: Pacific Gas & Electric Company, San Diego Gas & Electric or Southern California Edison.
- OhmConnect will send you weekly payments for reducing your electricity for one hour per week.
Your Turn: What tricks have you found for earning passive income this year?
Disclosure: We don’t hesitate to pick pennies off the sidewalk when we spot them. But the affiliate links in this post help our earnings grow even quicker. Plus, it’s a lot cleaner than sidewalk money.