Work From Home
Experienced Medical Coders Needed to Work Remotely in Illinois or Indiana
Got experience in medical coding? Franciscan Health is hiring a remote medical coder to review and code patient records for all acute inpatient services.
Candidates should at least be a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), but certification in Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) is desired.
This work-from-home job is open to residents of Illinois or Indiana only.
Medical Coder at Franciscan Health
- Reviewing and coding patient records with accuracy and following production standards.
- Identifying trends and other feedback for physicians and hospital departments.
- Actively participating in performance improvement initiatives.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent. (A bachelor’s degree is preferred.)
- Residency in either Illinois or Indiana.
- At least one year of experience, preferably in inpatient coding.
- Credentials as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), but certification in Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administration (RHIA) is desired.
- Knowledge of health information rules and regulations, coding group methodologies, compliant billing practices, payer relationships and medical and pharmaceutical terminology.
- Effective communication and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.