Work From Home
U-Haul Is Hiring Remote Roadside Assistance Agents (Benefits Included)
Hitch yourself up to a part-time job that provides full-time benefits.
U-Haul is hiring roadside assistance agents. For this position, you’ll handle incoming and outgoing calls to customers and roadside assistance service providers.
And even though it’s a part-time job, benefits include a medical reimbursement plan, prescription discount plan, dental and vision plans plus a 401(k) plan so you can save up for retirement.
As far as your schedule, you’ll be guaranteed 25 hours per week May through September and 15 hours October through April, within the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. MST. You’ll need to be available at least one weekend day, although you’ll have the option to work both. Holidays are also required.
The job is available in every state except California. It is also unavailable to those living in Washington, D.C., Chicago, New York City, Seattle and Montgomery County in Maryland.
For training, you’ll need to spend two hours within the first three days at a U-Haul Center (the hiring manager will arrange which center you’ll go to).
Roadside Assistance Agent at U-Haul
Handling back-to-back incoming calls and initiating outbound calls.
- Resolving customer problems and documenting the resolution.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Excellent communication skills and clear speaking voice.
- Basic computer and typing skills.
- Knowledge of U.S. geography.
- The availability to work on weekends and holidays.
- A quiet, distraction-free work space.
- A laptop or PC with Windows 10 OS. The computer needs to have at least 8G of RAM and a CPU score of at least 2500 for Windows OS or a core i5 processor or greater for Mac OS.
- Secure internet connection with download speeds of at least 5 MB and upload speeds of at least 2 MB.
- Company provided anti-virus software installed.
- A wireless or USB headset with a microphone.
- Medical plan.
- Prescription drug discount plan.
- Dental plan.
- Vision plan.
Nicole Dow is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder.