American Express Is Hiring a Virtual Travel Agent to Plan Dream Vacations
Consider it “travel reimbursement.”
If you’re a seasoned traveler — or if you previously worked in the travel industry — American Express wants to put your knowledge to work as a full-time consultant for its premium card members.
The remote position requires top-notch customer service, sales skills and a knowledge of world geography, since you’ll be booking everything from flights and cars to hotels and entertainment for domestic and international destinations.
The post does not indicate what the pay rate is, but the American Express Careers page lists benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance and a retirement savings plan.
For the first 11 weeks, the training schedule is Sunday through Thursday, 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. EST.
After that, you’ll have multiple schedules to choose from that all fall within the center’s hours of operation: 5 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. local time. You must be able to work nights and weekends.
Not the job for you? No worries, you can check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Work-From-Home Travel Consultant at American Express
- Consulting with card members who plan to travel, then creating unique experiences for them by booking hotels, flights and entertainment specifically tailored to their needs
- Delivering outstanding customer service, including calming customers who have travel-related issues and helping resolve any problems
- Staying informed about developments in the travel industry in order to sell products and services
Applicants for this position must have:
- Knowledge of travel and world geography as well as travel reservation systems
- Computer skills and the ability to use multiple tools and systems
- Great listening skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to stay positive and composed under pressure
- Sales experience
- Internet service that is separate from personal phone/data services. American Express must approve the service provider and the internet speed.
Apply here for the work-from-home travel consultant job at American Express.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.