2 MIN READ
Automattic Is Hiring Happiness Engineers to Provide Customer Tech Support
So the idea of being a happiness engineer appeals to you. But what, exactly, is a happiness engineer?
Basically, you’ll make people happy by troubleshooting WordPress, WooCommerce and Jetpack issues as a remote tech support rep. And happiness engineers seem genuinely happy themselves.
“I went from an unfulfilling nine-to-five work life to doing something I truly love by helping make the web a better place for more than a billion people each month with the coolest 100% remote tech company on the block,” says Paulo E. Aquino, an Automattic happiness engineer, via his blog.
Automattic, a billion-dollar web development company based in San Francisco, is the parent corporation for the platforms mentioned above. So you’ll need a keen understanding of how they operate.
These are full-time jobs. The listing did not specify a pay range or requirements for education and experience.
Automattic is known to have an interesting work culture, often hiring people before even meeting them, says Business Insider. Oh, and the company will also give you $2,500 to deck out your home workspace.
It’s also worth noting that some travel is required. Most Glassdoor reviews forecast about three weeks a year. But happiness engineers can make the most of it by visiting destinations such as San Francisco, Park City, Utah, and even Budapest, Hungary.
Hey, travel’s not for everyone. Neither is tech support. We don’t judge. Check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Happiness Engineer at Automattic
- Problem-solving in real time by screen-sharing and live-chatting with customers
- Exterminating bugs on all Automattic platforms
- Keeping up detailed reports on technical issues
- Forging a sense of community with customers by providing caring and personable customer service
Applicants for this position must have:
- Working knowledge of Automattic’s products
- Top-notch writing and communication skills
- Understanding of HTML, WordPress and CSS
- Commitment to delivering first-rate customer support
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
Apply here for the Happiness Engineer at Automattic.
Adam Hardy is an Editorial Assistant at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.