College Students and Grads: Don’t Miss This Virtual Career Fair on Oct. 17
College students and grads, this Wednesday, Oct. 17, you can browse 35 big-name employers offering jobs to fit any schedule — all without having to leave the house.
CareerEco, a virtual career events host, is holding an online symposium, dubbed the Diversity Virtual Career Fair. It will feature both private- and public-sector employers from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST. Utica College is both sponsoring and attending the event.
Companies like CBS Interactive, Enterprise, Office Depot, USAA and several others will be offering up internships, temporary, part-time and full-time jobs to current college students and graduates. The National Security Agency, the U.S. Department of Transportation and the New York City Department of Education will also be there. Each employer has a different presentation time, so be sure to check the schedule to ensure that you attend your favorite employer’s session.
All majors are welcome. You just need to be currently enrolled in college or hold an associate’s degree or higher.
For those looking for work-from-home and disability-friendly jobs, My Employment Options is also attending. (You may have noticed that they hosted their own work-from-home career fair last week.)
Before the fair make sure to:
- Register a free account on CareerEco’s website.
- Check out our resume guide for early career professionals and write a cover letter to your favorite employer.
- Review the list of employers and do some homework on them and what jobs they are offering.
- Update your internet browser (Google Chrome or Firefox is required for video chats).
- Get there early and anticipate common technical issues, especially WiFi hiccups.
- Dress appropriately — you might interview on camera!
For more information, visit the Diversity Virtual Career Fair’s info page. Happy job hunting!
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.