2 MIN READ
Turn Your Gaming Talents Into Dollars as a Freelance Writer for GameSkinny
When I was a kid, it was always a great day when one of my video game magazines arrived in the mail. I’d spend afternoons reading about all the upcoming releases and reviews of new titles.
Back then, the idea of being able to get paid to play and write about video games sounded like the best thing ever. Fast forward to today: The internet provides gamers with the opportunity to write about their favorite pastime.
If you have some writing experience and want to get paid to write about video games, now is your chance. GameSkinny is looking for remote freelance writers to join its team. The website, a subsidiary of the Launch Media Network, features content written for gamers, by gamers. It includes reviews, news, game guides, gaming trends and more.
Writers will be expected to follow Google Trends and research topics for story ideas that they think GameSkinny readers will enjoy.
If you’re not a gamer but are still interested in work-from-home jobs, don’t forget to check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Freelance Writer at GameSkinny
Pay: Based on Your Submitted Pay Rate for a 600- to 1,200-Word Post
- Researching current trends and keywords
- Writing quality content based on research and anticipating what the gaming community needs
- Using self-promotion and content marketing to attract new audiences to your posts (bonuses for content that scores big)
- Pitching a set number of story ideas per week/month
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least one year of experience as a freelance gaming writer
To apply for the freelance writer position at GameSkinny, email [email protected] with “Freelance Writer” written on the subject line.
Include the following credentials in the email:
- Links to published work, including samples of reviews, game guides or any content related to gaming
- Three or four sample headlines you think would work for GameSkinny
- Your per-article pay rate based on a 600- to 1,200-word post
- A list of games you are currently playing
Click here to see all the details for this gig.
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.