Want to Travel the Country and Eat Free Tacos? Moe’s Has a Job For You
Who among us hasn’t dreamed of getting paid to eat tacos?
It may sound like a pipe dream, but I’m here to tell you that your taco-related fantasies can become reality.
Moe’s Southwest Grill is partnering with Monster.com to find a CTO — Chief Taco Officer.
Yes, you read that right. The Tex-Mex chain needs a Chief Taco Officer to lead the charge on its upcoming Taco Tour to promote the restaurant’s new Three Amigos tacos.
The Chief Taco Officer will travel across the country for two weeks in a food truck (you’ll ride shotgun), handing out free tacos and spreading the Tex-Mex love. The tour kicks off June 1 in Atlanta, so make sure you clear your schedule.
No, it’s not a long-term gig, but you’re getting an all-expenses-paid road trip and all of the free tacos you can eat.
And if two weeks of free tacos for breakfast, lunch and dinner isn’t enough to entice you, Moe’s will pay its CTO a $1,000 “fun budget.”
So who qualifies to be the Chief Taco Officer?
First of all, of course you must be a taco fanatic.
Here are some telltale signs that you might be perfect for the gig:
- You have very strong opinions about hard vs. soft shell
- The team at your local Moe’s knows your name and regular order — and your life story
- You celebrate Taco Tuesday religiously
- And then Taco Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- You have a taco tattoo
- Taco Belle is your Disney princess of choice
On top of a borderline obsession with tacos, you need to be social media savvy, fun-loving and willing to travel for two weeks. Candidates must also be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years old.
How to Become the Chief Taco Officer for Moe’s
- Sign up for the Rockin’ Rewards member program through the Moe’s app
- Pick a social media platform (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) to explain why you would be the perfect candidate
- Make sure your post is public and use the #MoesCTOContest hashtag
And here’s a pro tip: you can enter one time on each social media platform to boost your chances of being chosen.
Three lucky finalists will be announced May 7 on the Moe’s Facebook page, and then fans get to vote for the winner of the coveted title of Chief Taco Officer.
The deadline for submissions is April 20 so hurry up and apply. Free tacos are on the line!
Kaitlyn Blount is a junior staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She worked at Moe’s all through college and still gets the urge to say “Welcome to Moe’s!” when a door chime goes off.