This Online Education Company Is Hiring a Remote Curriculum Writer
If you have teaching experience and want to get involved in the online learning community, then we might have a writing job for you.
The online school provides free, public education for grades K-12. This role calls for a writer who can create curricula for health classes at the high school level.
As a curriculum writer, you will not only be creating new lesson plans and assessments, but also reviewing any existing plans and updating them as needed.
Candidates with teaching experience and health education background are encouraged to apply. This is a work-from-home, independent contractor position, so make sure you have awesome time management skills and the drive to get your work done independently.
And while this is a remote position, the successful candidate will be working with other teams, such as editorial, so good communication is key.
If this doesn’t sound like your cup of tea, no worries. You can go check out our Jobs page on Facebook, where we’re always posting new work-from-home opportunities.
Remote Health Curriculum Writer at Connections Academy
Pay: Not Specified
- Developing curricula for high school level health classes that meets state and national standards
- Developing lessons, activities and assessments
- Adapting existing lessons and content to meet program needs and standards
- Working with curriculum, editorial and accessibility teams to develop the program
- Providing subject matter expertise when needed
Applicants for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in secondary health education or a related field
- At least three years of teaching experience
- At least two years of curriculum development experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite tools
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Flexibility and time management skills
Nice to have:
- A master’s degree
- Knowledge or expertise in online learning
- Knowledge about Section 508 standards and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
Apply here for the health curriculum writer job at Connections Academy.
Kaitlyn Blount is a junior staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.