2 MIN READ
Live in Pennsylvania? This Remote Job With Progressive Could Be for You
Do you have the inner Flo dwelling within you?
If you dream of being the perky Progressive spokeswoman, you could get one step closer without leaving your couch by becoming a customer service representative for Progressive Insurance.
To snag one of these full-time jobs working from home, you must live within 60 miles of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Here’s why companies restrict location for work-from-home jobs.) Previous contact center and remote work experience are preferred qualifications.
Progressive will provide you the virtual training and the equipment, but you’ll need to be physically connected to the Internet via a modem or cable — no wireless connection allowed.
The start dates are July 9, July 16 or July 30, with training from Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. EST. Schedules come in six varieties, but all include working at least one weekend day.
Don’t live near Pittsburgh? Cheer up, you can always find more opportunities by checking out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Customer Service Representative at Progressive
Pay: $15.00 to $19.00 per hour.
You get an extra 10 to 15% shift differential pay when you work evenings or weekends. You can also receive up to 16% of your salary as a bonus, based on company performance. Top performers can also earn cash payouts.
- Answering customer questions about billing, policy coverage and products
- Assisting customers with purchasing, renewing, canceling or reinstating policies
- Helping customers manage their accounts, such as adding or deleting vehicles and drivers from a policy
Applicants for this position must have:
- The right location. You must live within 60 miles of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- An internet connection via DSL or a cable modem; the connection cannot be wireless
- A surge protector — you’ll need one for connecting the Progressive hardware
- A year or more of college education or work experience in customer service
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Standard benefits like medical, dental and vision insurance, plus a 401(k)
- Progressive pays for training and career development and offers tuition assistance
- You can join Progressive’s wellness program, which offers discounts and rewards
Apply here for the Pittsburgh customer service representative job at Progressive.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.