2 MIN READ
Help Gamers Keep Gaming as a Remote Customer Support Rep (Part-Time)
If you alt-tab out of Overwatch to read The Penny Hoarder, then this might be your dream gig.
Sutherland is hiring part-time, work-from-home gamers to join its customer support team. The gaming support/customer service representative will help gamers troubleshoot issues to get them back in the action — from router problems to console issues. You’ll field calls for payment hiccups as well.
Hours are flexible, around 20 to 29 a week, with opportunities during peak traffic for additional hours (usually during holiday season). Candidates should have a year or more of customer service experience.
The position is 100% remote and limited to residents of the contiguous United States. (Sorry Alaska and Hawaii).
While the salary information isn’t listed on the job post, Glassdoor clocks the pay between $8 and $9 an hour.
Mandatory training will take place from July 18 to August 26. It will be on Tuesdays through Saturdays, from 3 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. EST. Sutherland offers bonuses for perfect attendance in training and the first 30 days of work.
Maybe you’re not a gamer. That’s OK. Check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Gaming Support/Customer Service and Technical Support at Sutherland
Pay: Not specified
- Flexing your gaming and tech knowledge to troubleshoot customer issues over the phone
- Handling multiple types of calls (billing, internet, gaming console and hardware issues)
- Keeping up with the latest gaming platforms and trends
Applicants for this position must have:
- One or more years of customer service (in a contact center is a plus)
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- High-speed, hard-wired internet connection
- Typing speed of at least 30 words per minute
- Proper headset, keyboard and mouse (PC supplied by Sutherland)
- A secure place to work that’s free of distractions
- Flexibility to work extra hours if needed
Apply here for the gaming support — customer service and technical support position at Sutherland.
Adam Hardy is an Editorial Assistant at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.