Troubleshoot Internet Issues With a Sutherland Remote Customer Service Gig
You’re the one Aunt Louise always calls to hook up — and reset — her internet.
Now you can finally get paid in something other than cookies.
Sutherland Global Services is filling part-time, work-from-home customer service positions to work with one of its clients. There are 30 to 35 positions available, according to Sutherland recruiter Monica Runner.
The business processing outsourcing company is seeking high-energy individuals who can assist customers with their internet service. While previous technical support and service-to-sales experience is preferred, a technical background is not required.
The jobs are open to all residents of the contiguous United States (sorry, Alaska and Hawaii).
Reps will work 20 to 29 hours per week, Thursday through Monday, between 5 p.m. and 11 p.m. EST. However, the job post indicates that scheduling depends on call volume, which could mean as few as 10 hours a week or as many as 30.
Performance-based incentive bonuses of up to $4 per hour are available after training.
Mandatory remote training is scheduled for July 5 through Aug. 10, Thursday through Monday from 2:30 p.m. to 11 p.m. EST. Individuals can earn a bonus for perfect attendance during training and the first 30 days.
Sutherland will provide a ThinClient PC with VOIP technology — but there’s no indication in the post about whether you also get cookies and milk.
If this work-from-home gig isn’t what you’re looking for, don’t worry. Check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Work-at-Home Customer Support at Sutherland
Pay: $8.50/hour during training; $10/hour after training
- Taking calls from customers and answering questions about products and basic programming
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Selling products and services
- Updating customer account information
- Interacting with other departments to check the status of work orders and to schedule service calls
- Conducting follow-up calls to ensure customer needs are met
- Attending job-related training and team meetings
- Staying up to date on promotions, policies and other company news
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Keyboarding skills with a typing speed of 30 words per minute
- Microsoft Office experience
- Problem-solving skills
- Interest in learning about technology and communication devices
- A 20-inch computer monitor (or larger) with a DisplayPort and associated cable — any display equivalent to or larger than the Dell E2016H monitor is acceptable
- Wired mouse and wired keyboard with USB connections
- A dual-ear headset with a noise-cancelling microphone and USB connection
- Internet speeds of 1 Mbps upload and 5 Mbps download — no wireless and/or satellite internet service providers
- In-house network and a hard-wired internet connection
- A quiet, distraction-free, secure place to work
- Paid training
- Performance bonuses
- Basic 401k package
Apply here for the work-at-home customer support position at Sutherland.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She often accepts payment in baked goods.