3 MIN READ
Toys “R” Us Is Hiring Thousands for the Holidays. Here’s How to Apply
How much fun would it be to work in a toy store? You’d get to play with stuff all the time — or at least when you’re on break.
Toys R Us is hiring more than 12,000 part-time seasonal employees to work in stores and fulfillment centers across the country.
The company’s customer service partner is also hiring over 900 people to fill work-from-home jobs in virtual call centers in 25 states.
Toys R Us recently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but don’t let that stop you from applying. It simply means the company is working on new ways to pay down its debt — something a lot of us can relate to.
“As the holiday season ramps up, our physical and web stores are open for business, and our team members around the world look forward to continuing to put huge smiles on children’s faces,” said Dave Brandon, chairman and chief executive officer at Toys R Us in a statement on the company’s website.
If this isn’t the kind of job you’re looking for, don’t forget to check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new positions there all the time.
What Kind of Seasonal On-Site Jobs are Available?
Several different kinds of jobs are available at Toys R Us stores and fulfillment centers:
- Sales Associate
- Stock Associate
- Toy Demonstrator
- Order Fulfillment Associate (daytime and overnight)
- Distribution Center Warehouse Associate
- General Labor (DHL Supply Chain Fulfillment Center)
- Clerical (DHL Supply Chain Fulfillment Center)
- Forklift Operators (DHL Supply Chain Fulfillment Center)
Where Are the On-Site Jobs Located?
Toys R Us has hundreds of stores across the U.S. The largest seasonal hiring markets include:
- New York: more than 3,800
- Los Angeles: more than 2,400
- Groveport, Ohio (DHL Supply Chain Fulfillment Center): more than 2,400
- Philadelphia: more than 1,400
- Chicago: more than 1,100
- Boston: more than 950
Tell Me About the Work-From-Home Jobs
Toys R Us partners with Acticall Sitel Group to staff its 25 virtual call centers in 25 states.
As a work-from-home Toys R Us customer service agent, you’ll answer phone calls and assist customers with billing or account questions, product inquiries and more.
Do the Jobs Include benefits?
Yes! Benefits include competitive pay, flex hours, varied shifts, and a Team Member shopping discount.
Part-time seasonal workers may also be eligible for long-term jobs once the holiday season ends. “Over the past several years, Toys R Us hired thousands of its holiday workforce after Christmas to fill permanent roles,” the company states.
I’m Interested! How Do I Apply?
It’s easy, and you can even apply right from your mobile phone! Here’s how:
- To apply for positions at Toys R Us stores and distribution centers, visit Toysrusinc.com/HolidayJobs.
- To apply for DHL Supply Chain Fulfillment Center jobs, visit dhlsupplychainjobs.com or text “TOYS2017” to 31996 for job information.
- To apply for work-from-home jobs at Acticall Sitel Group call centers, visit Sitel.com/careers/work-home.
Lisa McGreevy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She loves telling readers about new job opportunities, so look her up on Twitter @lisah if you’ve got a tip to share.