Boo! Here’s How to Win $50,000 for Creating a Spooky Cheetos Monster
If I’m being honest right now, I don’t want to write this post at all.
Not because I don’t love Cheetos (I do)…
Because I’m still kicking myself for missing out on the last Cheetos contest. I’m pretty sure I could’ve won $60,000 for having the most bomb Cheeto lobster around. Seriously, it looked exactly like a lobster, claws and everything.
Unfortunately, I’m lazy and forgetful, and never entered.
But now, Cheetos is back with another contest. This time, you could win $50,000 for creating a Cheetos Monster — and this time, you can bet your cheese-colored fingers I’m entering.
How to Win $50,000 for Creating a Cheetos Monster
Cheetos is using the Halloween season to promote its new “Bag of Bones” product.
Your mission: Use these spooky Cheetos to create a two-dimensional monster (like these).
According to the contest’s official rules, submissions are judged on:
- Creativity (40%): How creative is your Cheetos monster, title and description?
- Buzzworthiness (40%): How buzzworthy is your Cheetos monster, title and description?
- Visual interest (20%): How well does the title and description of your monster align with the look of your Cheetos monster?
Think you’ve got what it takes to create the monster of Cheetos’ dreams nightmares?
Here’s what you have to do:
- Buy a Cheetos Bag of Bones and lay the pieces flat on a piece of paper to create a monster. Add regular Cheetos if you want, too. You can use up to 300 pieces, and Photoshop is obviously not allowed.
- Take a photo of your monsterpiece. The site suggests making a “spooky background to bring your monster to life” — and skipping the flash.
- Create a profile on the Cheetos website.
- Upload your photo, then add a creative (and unique!) title and description.
- Select one of the following categories: Frankenstein, ghosts, monsters, spiders, vampires, witches, zombies or other.
- Click “Submit.” If your monstrosity is deemed the spookiest of them all, you’ll win $50,000!
The contest runs from now until 11:59 p.m. PST on Halloween.
Your Turn: Did you enter the last Cheetos contest? Will you enter this one?
Susan Shain, senior writer for The Penny Hoarder, is always seeking adventure on a budget. Visit her blog at susanshain.com, or say hi on Twitter @susan_shain.