Attention Kohl’s Shoppers: Here’s an Easy Way to Score a $10 Gift Card
Kohl’s can be a dangerous place.
I often head in there just to “take a look” — and leave with an armful of bargains.
If you’re a Kohl’s-lover like me, you have to check this out: We found an easy way to get a free $10 gift card!
How to Get a $10 Gift Card to Kohl’s
The trick is signing up for a website called MyPoints, a cash-back site that rewards you for activities like shopping online, printing coupons, taking surveys, playing games and watching videos.
And right now, you can take advantage of this special offer: You’ll get a $10 gift certificate of your choice when you spend $20 on anything.
Here’s how to get yours:
- Sign up for MyPoints with your name and email address.
- Within 30 days, log into the portal and spend at least $20 at one of its many partner retailers.
- MyPoints will then give you 1,750 bonus points — enough for a $10 gift certificate!
- You can either request your gift certificate online or in the mail. If Kohl’s isn’t your thing, you can also redeem your points for a gift card for Amazon, Walmart, Target or a slew of other stores.
How to Make it Even Better
True Penny Hoarders know this is a great deal — but also know there are ways to make it even better.
For example, here’s how you could use MyPoints to save an extra 36% on your Kohl’s purchase:
- Sign up for MyPoints with your email or Facebook account.
- Buy $20 of merchandise on Kohls.com through MyPoints. Choose in-store pickup so you don’t have to pay for shipping.
- Earn rewards points for your purchase: MyPoints offers two points per dollar at Kohl’s — equal to 1.35% cash back.
- Claim your $10 Kohl’s gift card to use on your next purchase.
- Again, shop Kohl’s through MyPoints to earn 1.35% cash back.
- Pay with a cash-back credit card like the Barclaycard CashForward World Mastercard, and earn an additional 1.5% in cash rewards.
That’s $30 of Kohl’s goodies for just $19.30. (And if you find some coupon codes, you could save even more!)
The Fine Print
This offer is available to all new members.
You need to join MyPoints now and spend $20 on shopping or travel within 30 days. You’ll be awarded 1,750 points, redeemable for a $10 gift card of your choice.
After shopping, rewards points will appear in your account within 30 days (though it usually takes less than five!).
If you request a physical gift card, it should arrive in the mail within two weeks; e-gift cards show up in your inbox within 30 minutes.
Your Turn: What’s your favorite department store?
Disclosure: Here’s a toast to the affiliate links in this post. May we all be just a little richer today.