Work From Home
AAA Is Hiring Part-Time Roadside Assistance Reps in the Mid-Atlantic Region
We’ve all been stuck on the side of the road at one time or another: flat tire, engine failure or car accident. Luckily, there are people who get paid to come rescue us.
This part-time gig at AAA lets you pay it forward by helping stranded drivers along the East Coast.
AAA Club Alliance is hiring part-time roadside assistance representatives in the Mid-Atlantic region. This area includes Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C., West Virginia and Virginia. This position is also open to folks in Kentucky.
While the job is fully remote, new hires must be able to pick up the required equipment from AAA’s Delaware, Kentucky or New Jersey offices.
Weekly schedules include at least 16 hours during the morning shifts — 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. or 8 a.m. to noon Eastern time — and at least one weekend day. The first three weeks include virtual training on weekdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Eastern. Training starts July 8.
Customer Service Call Taker at AAA Club Alliance
Pay: $10 to $14.
- Fielding calls from AAA members regarding roadside assistance.
- Coordinating with AAA’s help desk and dispatch units on how best to assist stranded members.
- Delivering clear instructions to callers to ensure they’re in a safe environment to wait for AAA assistance.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma.
- At least two years of customer service experience.
- The ability to pick up home-office equipment from Delaware, Kentucky or New Jersey before the start date.
Adam Hardy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. He specializes in unique ways to make money and legit work-from-home job opportunities. Read his latest stories, or say hi on Twitter @hardyjournalism.