Work From Home
Aim for Accuracy? Cognizant Is Hiring a Full-Time Inpatient Medical Coder
You’re not just a medical coder. You’re a super coder.
That’s pretty much what you’ll need to bring to the table to snag this remote inpatient coder job with Cognizant Technology Solutions.
For this full-time, day-shift position, you need to be able to maintain minimum accuracy of 98% while meeting company’s productivity standards of 24 encounters per day, with 20 minutes to code each encounter.
No experience? Check out this article to learn about how to become a medical coder.
Inpatient coder at Cognizant
- Coding diagnoses and procedures using an electronic encoder application.
- Communicating with physicians to obtain or clarify diagnoses and procedures.
- Performing peer reviews.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Experience with CCS, RHIT or RHIA (AHIMA).
- At least two years of facility-based inpatient experience.
- Knowledge of federal, state and payer regulations.
- Ability to interpret medical record reports and charts.
- Basic computer skills, including proficiency using Word and Excel.
- A score of 80% or better on a coding assessment.
- Organizational, time-management and multitasking skills.
Benefits at Cognizant include:
- Health plans.
- Professional development opportunities.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.