Work From Home
‘Alexa, Find Me a Writing Job.’ Amazon’s Hiring a Creative Type for Its AI
Got a personality fit for a robot? Just kidding… sorta.
The Amazon Alexa team is hiring a remote Alexa personality writer to create new voice-forward Alexa experiences for customers. The job is available anywhere in the U.S.
In this role, you will be writing conversational voice interactions, spoken prompts, jokes, songs and stories. You will also provide support for projects and enhancements to existing interactions and experiences for Alexa.
You’ll need a strong creative writing background, and a bachelor’s degree in creative writing or a related field, or equivalent work experience. Preferably, you’ll have experience as a UX designer, along with work experience creating interactions for virtual assistants.
Alexa Personality Writer at Amazon
- Writing conversational voice interactions and prompts.
- Working with a team to craft jokes, songs and stories.
- Developing the relationship between the user and Alexa.
- Supporting the development of new product ideas.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in writing or a related field; or equivalent work experience. (UX writing experience preferred.)
- At least two years of creative-writing experience, including character development, script writing or narrative game design. (AI experience preferred.)
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational abilities.
Benefits at Amazon include:
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance.
- 401(k) plan with 50% company match.
- Paid time off, including holidays.
- Parental leave.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Danielle Braff is a Chicago-based freelance writer.