Work From Home
American Express Is Hiring a Team Leader With Customer Service Prowess
If you’ve ever wanted to be the boss without leaving the comfort of your bedroom, American Express has the perfect opportunity.
The banking conglomerate is looking for a remote team leader to oversee customer service representatives. The position calls for an analytical and entrepreneurial leader, since the candidate will vet performance data, organize meetings to give one-on-one and group feedback and set goals for the team.
You’ll need a background in customer service to guide your team and deal with calls that American Express refers to as “escalated.” Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is necessary, but beyond that, the job is open to pretty much anyone with some leadership experience.
Benefits include parental leave of up to six months for women and five months for men, as well as programs that pay for college tuition for parents or their children, according to AMEX vice president of corporate affairs and communications Marina Norville. But, the position may require night and weekend shifts.
Team Leader at American Express
- Hire, coach and train customer service representatives.
- Provide phone support for calls your team can’t handle on their own.
- Analyze performance data, such as call times and profitability.
- Organize one-on-one and group meetings.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Customer service experience (remote preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Phone capability and Internet connection.
- Flexibility in working hours.
- Leadership experience.
- Health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
- Health-savings account option.
- 401(k) retirement program.
- Charitable gift matching.
- Tuition program including up to $7,500 for graduate school.
- Paid parental leave (six months for women; five months for men).
Alex Mahadevan is a data journalist at The Penny Hoarder.