Work From Home
Amex Is Hiring Full-Time Customer Service Reps in 6 States
Help consumers make the most of their credit cards.
American Express is hiring full-time membership rewards customer care professionals in six states: Colorado, Illinois, Missouri, Oregon, Texas and Utah. (Read our guide on why some companies hire only in certain states.)
The 170-year-old financial services firm is perhaps best known for its credit cards. Customer service reps will field inbound calls, solve customer concerns and offer relevant products. Schedules may include night and weekend shifts.
Virtual Customer Care Professional at American Express
- Fielding inbound calls regarding membership rewards and other inquiries about American Express credit cards.
- Troubleshooting customer inquiries and providing tailored assistance.
- Selling additional card-related products.
- Meeting performance standards based on customer satisfaction and productivity targets.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A residence in one of the following states: Colorado, Illinois, Missouri, Oregon, Texas and Utah.
- A high school diploma (or equivalent); bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technical savvy and the ability to multitask.
- An ability to work nights or weekends as needed.
- DSL or cable internet connection with 25 Mbps download and 5 Mpbs upload speeds.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Adam Hardy is a former staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.