Work From Home
AmEx Is Hiring Full-Time Customer Care Reps in 6 States
Help consumers make the most of their credit cards.
American Express is hiring full-time customer care professionals in six states: Colorado, Illinois, Missouri, Oregon, Texas and Utah.
The 170-year-old financial services firm is perhaps best known for its credit cards. Customer service reps will field inbound calls, solve customer concerns and offer relevant products. Schedules may include night and weekend shifts.
The company will cover your monthly fees for your phone and Internet service.
Virtual Customer Care Professional at American Express
- Fielding inbound calls regarding general and account-specific inquiries in regards to American Express credit cards.
- Troubleshooting customer issues and providing tailored assistance.
- Selling additional card-related products.
- Meeting performance standards based on customer satisfaction and productivity targets.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A residence in one of the following states: Colorado, Illinois, Missouri, Oregon, Texas and Utah.
- A high school diploma (or equivalent); bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Technical savvy and the ability to multitask.
- An ability to work nights or weekends as needed.
- DSL or cable internet connection with 25 Mbps download and 5 Mpbs upload speeds. (American Express will cover connection costs and monthly fees for a dedicated Internet service.)
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Adam Hardy is a former staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.