Work From Home
Android Users, Lionbridge Will Pay You to Review Search Engines and Apps
You’re most likely glued to your smartphone all day, every day — so why not get paid for it?
The marketing services company Lionbridge is currently hiring mobile search reviewers across the United States.
But what exactly is a mobile search reviewer, you ask?
Basically, the company needs smartphone users to use apps and search engines, then provide feedback. Sounds easy enough, right?
There is a catch: Only applicants with a personal Android smartphone can apply. That’s right — no Apple users allowed.
In addition to having an Android phone, applicants must have it updated to the current OS version (v6.0 Marshmallow) and be willing to regularly download apps from the Google Play Store.
The company is seeking reviewers who are highly tech-savvy and up to date with the current news and pop culture in the United States. Reviewers must also have a Gmail account they use regularly, and it must be their main source for email.
If hired, you have to download a custom app to access work tasks. You’ll get a push notification when a task is made available, and you can choose to accept work whenever you want.
Mobile Search Reviewer at Lionbridge
Pay: Not specified
- Using a custom app to access work tasks.
- Evaluating new products and search engine results.
- Providing feedback to help improve the quality of products and search results.
- Occasionally using a PC or laptop in conjunction with an Android smartphone.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- A strong understanding of tech and social media.
- A personal Android smartphone running the latest OS version (v6.0 Marshmallow).
- Willingness to regularly download apps, including the latest version of the Google Search app.
- A Gmail account that serves as the primary email.
- Familiarity with recent events and pop culture in the United States.
- A residence in the United States for the past three consecutive years.
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.