Work From Home
Build an Online Community as a PR Manager for This Cruise Review Site
World Travel Holdings’ Cruiseline.com is seeking a community and public relations manager who’s a natural-born relationship builder. You’ll need to balance your time between building a community of online cruisers and promoting the company within the media and industry.
The job is available anywhere in the U.S. except for the following states: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Kentucky, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon and Pennsylvania. (Here’s why some work-from-home jobs have state restrictions.)
Community and Public Relations Manager at World Travel Holdings
- Working with social media, editorial and development teams to grow the community and increase existing user engagement.
- Redesigning loyalty program.
- Engaging daily with Cruiseline and Ship Mates communities, providing prompt and courteous email responses to members.
- Creating monthly progress reports that track community engagement and publicity obtained.
- Designing public relations strategy for Cruiseline.com and Ship Mate app to maximize exposure in consumer and trade travel publications.
- Pitching article ideas and interviews with targeted media.
- Writing and distributing a media kit and press releases.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least two years of direct experience building an online community of loyal users.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to engage and build relationships within the media and industry.
- Experience writing press releases and pitches is a plus.
- Private, distraction-free work area.
- FiOS or cable internet preferred, but DSL is acceptable.
- Company provides a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, phone and headset (requires a refundable $250 deposit).
- Paid time off.
- Travel discounts and perks.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.