Work From Home
Can You Hear Me Now? Verizon Is Hiring Remote Customer Service Reps in TX
If you live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and are in the market for a job that doesn’t require a commute, check this out.
Verizon is hiring full-time, work-from-home customer service representatives. Applicants must live within 90 minutes of the call center in Irving, Texas.
The pay isn’t specified, but customer service reps for Verizon make an average of $16 per hour, according to Glassdoor salaries.
The job’s target start date is August 21 and requires 12 weeks of training. The training schedule will be split into two sections:
- Weeks 1-5 — Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Weeks 6-12 — Tuesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
If you live outside the area or you just aren’t interested in this type of gig, that’s OK. You can check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal. We post new opportunities there all the time — and we vet them, too.
Remote Customer Service Representative at Verizon
Pay: Not specified
- Troubleshooting and resolving device, billing and service concerns
- Upselling services to customers
- Building customer relationships
Applicants for this position must have:
- An associate’s degree or at least one year of work experience
- The ability to report to the call center in Irving, Texas, within 90 minutes
- Flexibility to work nights, split shifts, weekends and holidays
- A dedicated, quiet workspace
- Internet with a direct connection to a cable or fiber modem
- A paper shredder with cross-cut capability
- Previous customer service or billing experience
- Previous experience working from home
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.