Work From Home
Dog Lover? The American Kennel Club Needs Customer Service Reps in N.C.
Who doesn’t love the idea of a job that lets you talk about dogs all day? Well, I guess cat people, but they don’t really count.
We’ve found a gig that not only pays you to talk about puppers and look at pictures of doggos — but you get to stay… home while you do it. (Just a little dog humor for you.)
The American Kennel Club, the registry of purebred dogs, is hiring customer contact center representatives. This is a work-from-home job, but there’s a slight catch: It’s only available to applicants within 50 miles of Raleigh, North Carolina.
Why the restriction? The job requires six to eight weeks of paid training, which takes place at the AKC office. Once you complete the training, AKC will provide office equipment and allow you to work from the comfort of your home — hopefully with your dog by your side.
The training schedule is Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and starts on Nov. 26.
As a customer service rep, you’ll mainly spend your time assisting AKC customers with registration, which includes helping them understand the policies and requirements as well as troubleshooting any issues.
If you don’t live in the Raleigh area or you’re really more of a cat person, it’s all good. Check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal, we post new opportunities there all the time — and we vet them, too.
Customer Contact Center Rep at American Kennel Club
Pay: Not specified
- Helping customers understand the AKC registration policies and requirements
- Evaluating and resolving customer registration problems
- Providing information to customers seeking to buy purebred dogs
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least three years of customer service experience
- Ability to master the AKC registration system
- Direct wired internet connection that meets AKC system requirements
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.