Work From Home
America’s Test Kitchen Is Hiring a Full-Time Copy Editor With Experience
Passionate about words and food? Apply to be the copy editor at America’s Test Kitchen, where you’ll be able to dabble in both full-time from your home.
As the copy editor, you’ll edit multiple publications, including the Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country magazines, cookbooks, kids subscription boxes, web articles and marketing materials.
You should have knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style, along with a bachelor’s degree in journalism or in a related field. This is an experienced role, so you should already have at least three years of copy editing experience. While professional cooking experience isn’t a requirement, you should have at least knowledge of food and home cooking.
Copy Editor at America’s Test Kitchen
- Copy editing the Cook’s Illustrated and Cook’s Country magazine.
- Copy editing cookbooks and kids subscription boxes.
- Copy editing marketing materials and daily articles for the website.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or a related field.
- At least three years of professional copy editing experience.
- Experience editing recipes.
- Basic understanding of K4/InCopy or a similar desktop publishing program.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Danielle Braff is a freelancer in Chicago.