Work From Home
Got Interior Design Experience? Style Rooms Remotely For Modsy ($15/Hr)
Do you have an eye for decorating to get the most out of your living space? Do you have interior design work experience?
If so, then now is your chance to get paid for your interior decorating skills without leaving your own home.
Modsy, an interior design startup, is hiring multiple part-time stylists to help people lay out their dream rooms. This entry-level contractor position requires a background in interior design. The gig, which can be done remotely from anywhere in the U.S., pays $15 per hour.
Modsy users take photos and measurements of the room; then a stylist creates a 3D mockup of the space with two design plans based on the client’s budget and layout requirements. This mockup comes complete with new furniture recommendations.
Once hired, you’ll work in real time with other remote stylists and with the Modsy staff that is based at the San Francisco headquarters. You must commit to working up to 40 hours a week. A minimum shift lasts four hours, between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. PT, including weekends.
Remote Part-Time Stylist at Modsy
Pay: $15 per hour
- Creating 3D mockups of rooms submitted by the client, built with the client’s budget and requirements in mind
- Meeting hard deadlines; spending two hours on design for each customer space
Applicants for this position must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree, preferably with a background in interior design, art history or architecture
- Have experience in retail furniture design
- Have interior design work experience relevant to this job
- Have e-styling experience (preferred)
- Have experience with Auto-CAD, SketchUp and other similar programs
- Be able to work in the U.S.
- Be able to work up to 40 hours a week with minimum of four-hour shifts between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. PT, including weekends
Computer requirements for Mac users:
- Desktop Mac, 2015 mdel or newer
- 20-inch monitor or larger
- MacBook Pro or Air, 2015 model or newer
- 8GB of RAM
Computer requirements for Windows users:
- Intel HD 4000 graphics or superior
- 8GB of RAM
- 20-inch monitor
- High-speed internet
- Computer model 2015 or newer
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.