Work From Home
HCA Healthcare is Hiring a Full-Time Medical Coder to Work Remotely
Work from home in a booming career field? You bet.
HCA Healthcare, a Fortune 500 (No. 63, to be exact) health care company, is hiring a full-time medical coder to its physician services team.
Applicants must be certified by the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and should have two years of medical coding or billing experience.
Medical coders – no, not the computer programming kind – translate medical records into a universal alphanumeric classification system to coordinate with hospitals, doctor’s offices and insurance companies. The field is slated to grow 13% by 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
To learn more about the profession, read our guide on how to become a medical coder.
Medical Coder at HCA Healthcare
- Coding clinical notes and medical reports for an assigned specialty area.
- Coordinating payment schedules to ensure complete receipt of payment.
- Resolving coding-related rejections.
- Keeping abreast of coding guidelines and federal regulations.
- Assisting with coding education programs for in-service meetings.
Applicants for this position must have:
- An AAPC or AHIMA medical coding certification.
- Two years of coding or billing experience (or relevant post-secondary education).
- A high school diploma (or equivalent).
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- Employee stock purchase program.
- Employee discounts.
- Student loan payment and tuition reimbursement programs.
Adam Hardy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. He specializes in unique ways to make money and legit work-from-home job opportunities. Read his latest stories, or say hi on Twitter @hardyjournalism.