Work From Home
HCA Is Hiring a Full-Time Scheduler With a HS Diploma — Includes Benefits
Patients scheduling medical procedures are typically not the easiest customers to deal with — they’re already stressed about their health without thinking about pre-certs and insurance numbers.
If you have the temperament, organizational skills and patience to handle the job, HCA Healthcare’s business and operational services provider, Parallon, is hiring a full-time scheduler.
In this position, you’ll answer phone calls from patients who need to schedule testing, procedures and admissions. You’ll help them — and doctor office staffs — navigate registration by obtaining pre-cert/authorization numbers and accurate insurance info.
In return, you’ll enjoy some sweet benefits like medical, vision and dental insurance, as well as an employer-matched 401(k) plan.
Scheduler at HCA Healthcare’s Parallon
- Answering incoming phone calls to schedule patients for medical testing, procedures and admissions.
- Entering scheduling info, filing documentation and sending MOX messages through the Meditech scheduling module, as well as maintaining scheduling reports for the following day in the event of Meditech downtime.
- Editing within the scheduling module to ensure patients are scheduled when personnel is available and duplicating any edits in the admissions module.
- Selecting insurance carrier plans, informing the patient or physician’s office if a carrier is out of network.
- Communicating with physician’s office staff to ensure pre-cert and authorizations numbers are entered in the system.
- Working with registration staff to accommodate unscheduled patients.
- Documenting potential patient safety issues.
- Attending in-service presentations and completes mandatory education week.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prior scheduling experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in PC applications.
- Basic math and verbal and written communication skills.
- Separate, designated work area at home.
- Internet connectivity with 10Mbps download and upload.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flex spending accounts.
- Health reimbursement accounts.
- Adoption assistance.
- 401(k) with employer match up to 3% to 9%, based on length of employment.
- Life and disability insurance.
- 10% tuition discount and scholarships at Western Governors University.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.