Work From Home
Health Care Company Anthem Is Hiring Medical Claims Auditors
Anthem, one of the nation’s largest health-benefits companies, is hiring auditors to identify and investigate fraudulent medical claims through coding errors.
Qualifications include an associate’s degree, or equivalent work experience, plus at least one year of related experience with medical coding or auditing.
Within six months of starting, the new auditor must achieve one of the following medical coding certifications: Certified Coding Associate (CCA), Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA).
For more information on common coding certifications or the field in general, see our guide on becoming a medical coder.
Clinical Provider Auditor at Anthem
- Examining medical claims to ensure they meet billing and coding guidelines.
- Identifying incorrectly coded or billed claims for fraud and abuse prevention.
- Assisting with investigations by researching relevant billing, coding and health care regulations.
- Proposing fraud and abuse interventions based on the outcome of special investigations.
Applicants for this position must have:
- An associate’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least a year of relevant medical coding or auditing experience.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Be sure to browse other job listings in our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal. We post new opportunities all the time — and we vet them, too.
Adam Hardy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. He writes about the gig economy and legit work-from-home jobs. Read his latest stories, or say hi on Twitter @hardyjournalism.