Work From Home
Help Entrepreneurs Write for Major Publications With This Editor Job
AP style nerds and grammarians, it’s your time to shine. Knowing the difference between essential and non-essential clauses is about to pay off.
The Community Company is hiring a full-time associate editor to help business owners and C-level entrepreneurs publish articles in big-ticket publications like Time, Inc., The Wall Street Journal and several others. You’ll work with a diverse set of clients at varying writing levels, so patience and the ability to provide good feedback over several rounds of edits is essential.
This position is offered at the company’s headquarters in Boston, Massachusetts, or remotely. Preference will be given toward applicants in the Eastern time zone (though it is negotiable).
The application requires a cover letter that answers these three questions:
- Why do you want to work for The Community Company?
- Why are you a perfect fit for the job?
- Why are you passionate about editing?
Be sure to include your resume and relevant writing clips as well.
Candidates should have at least one year of experience in business journalism or copywriting. Qualified applicants will be asked to complete a one-hour editing test on AP-style grammar, so dust off that style book!
Associate Editor at The Community Company
- Editing dozens of articles weekly on a tight deadline.
- Providing writers with encouraging feedback and reminders regarding their submissions.
- Reporting on departmental metrics with editorial management.
Applicants for this position must have:
- One year of post-college experience in business editorial, copywriting or journalism.
- In-depth knowledge of AP Style and grammar.
- Experience with WordPress or other content management systems.
- Health benefits after 60 days.
- 401(k) with 4% company match.
- 12 company vacation days, plus two weeks paid time off.