Work From Home
Help Make Math Fun for Students as an Online Tutor for Revolution Math
I’ve always been a words person, which is why writing has always come naturally to me and math has always been a four-letter word — which it is, but you get the point.
It took a great teacher taking just a few minutes out of his day to tutor me after school to make it all click and diminish my negative feelings for math.
If you have exceptional math skills and previous teaching experience, you can do the same for struggling students as a tutor with Revolution Math, an online tutoring service designed for 2nd- through 5th-grade students in need of a little extra help developing their math skills.
The ideal candidate must be able to start immediately and teach for a minimum of 10 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
If this doesn’t sound like you, or if you’re in search of a full-time gig, then don’t forget to check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal. We post new opportunities there all the time — and we vet them, too.
Tutor at Revolution Math
- Clearly and concisely guiding and instructing small groups of students in an online setting.
- Keeping parents up-to-date on their child’s progress and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Attending weekly online team meetings to stay up-to-date and discuss areas of improvement.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree (preferred).
- Previous experience teaching elementary school students (preferably in math).
- Previous experience following lesson plans and curricula.
- Computer skills with the ability to troubleshoot.
- A working computer and stable internet connection.
Jessica Gray is an editorial assistant at The Penny Hoarder. Read her other articles and full bio here.