Work From Home
Jackson Hewitt Is Hiring a Social Media Specialist for Tax Season
Hey there, social media maven.
Tax preparation service Jackson Hewitt is looking for a social media specialist for a two- to six-month gig.
It’s tax season, so expect to be responding to posts from the frazzled and frustrated who need answers — now.
That means you’ll need to have superior organizational and mutli-tasking skills, as well as a professional communication style that keeps everyone calm. At least as calm as they can be as they’re filing their taxes.
Social Media Specialist at Jackson Hewitt
- Responding to all social media postings in a professional manner, composing posts free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Resolving client issues by conducting research and escalating as necessary.
- Staying current on company and industry news and procedures.
- Multitasking within multiple computer systems to provide prompt responses to clients.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- At least two years of relevant social media or customer service experience using chat or email correspondence.
- General understanding of social media platforms, with the ability to learn new technology and system applications.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.