Work From Home
Kaplan Needs an Experienced Copy Editor Savvy in Math and Science
Skilled in editing, math, science, engineering or all of the above? You may be a perfect fit for this part-time editing position at educational services company Kaplan.
Your job will consist of editing and proofreading content for the PPI Architecture and Engineering products, as well as inputting it in a content management system. You should have a Bachelor’s degree in math, science or engineering — or you should have the equivalent experience. You will also need to know how to edit in Word, Acrobat or in XML editor.
An understanding of The Chicago Manual of Style is required.
Editor at Kaplan
- Copyediting and proofreading content.
- Fact checking.
- Formatting into XML content management system.
- Training new hires in the editorial department.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in math, science or engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least one year of copy editing experience, preferably in tech, science or education subjects.
- An understanding of Word, Acrobat or XML editor.
- Experience with The Chicago Manual of Style.
Check out related work-from-home articles:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Danielle Braff is a freelancer in Chicago.