Work From Home
Know Your Numbers? Amazon Is Hiring a Remote Finance Controller
If the first thing you think when you go shopping on Amazon is, “I could improve this process,” the retail giant would like to talk to you about a job.
The seller of everything is hiring a site financial controller for its virtual customer service and corporate finance teams. You’ll be expected to develop new ideas and creative solutions to improve accounting processes and operational efficiency. This isn’t an entry-level position, but the job post promises you’ll have fun — and the long list of benefits doesn’t hurt either.
Site financial controller at Amazon
Pay: Not specified
- Collecting, analyzing and presenting data in reports that outline how to improve operations and reduce costs.
- Creating monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Communicating effectively with site leadership, internal customers and business partners.
- Meeting tight deadlines and prioritizing workload within a changing environment.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or economics (MBA or professional certification preferred).
- At least two years experience in corporate finance or analytical field (four years preferred).
- Ability to focus on customers and work backward.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Fluency in English.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- 401(k) with company match.
- Short-term, long-term, life, and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
- Parental leave and adoption assistance.
- Paid time off.
- Employee discount.
- Tuition assistance.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.