Work From Home
Live in CA, OR, AZ or CO? Work as a Virtual Assistant for Upwork’s CEO
You can hang with the bigwigs, but you’re just as comfy around commoners.
If this sounds like you, the freelancing website Upwork may have a job for you as a virtual assistant to its CEO.
Ideally, you’ll have a personality that’s confident enough to anticipate the executive’s needs but approachable enough to work with everybody else in the company.
Although the position is virtual, you’ll have to travel to the Bay Area occasionally, so the company is only hiring in Arizona, California, Colorado or Oregon.
The job listing states that this position is contract to hire. According to Glassdoor, Upworks offers its full-time employees benefits like health insurance, paid time off and a 401(k) program, but reviews indicate some contract employees do not receive benefits.
Virtual Assistant at Upwork
Pay: Not specified
- Managing CEO’s calendar.
- Coordinating agendas, IT set up and more for meetings.
- Reconciling expense reports.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least five years’ experience supporting senior-level execs.
- Ability to work Pacific Standard Time (PST) business hours with the flexibility to shift time zones according to executive travel schedules.
- Proficiency with Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Calendar.
- Outstanding organizational and management skills.
- The ability to be punctual, discreet and diplomatic.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.