Work From Home
Make Chatting Online Your Job — Zapier Is Hiring a Community Moderator
All about building (online) community?
Zapier is hunting for a senior community moderator to create content and engage with users within its forums. The workflow automation service needs someone with experience to coordinate with influencers and to keep discussions on topic within their internal and external communities.
The best part? You can do this job from anywhere in the world, and Zapier will cover the cost of your equipment — including a computer.
The job posting notes that the company will respond to every applicant and never go more than seven days without issuing a response, so you won’t have to sit around wondering if you’re in the mix.
Senior Community Moderator at Zapier
- Reviewing and replying to posts within the community via daily moderation.
- Starting threads to spur engagement with new members.
- Escalating member feedback that requires further support.
- Sharing community conversations to ensure questions are getting answered.
- Monitoring posts for categorization issues and duplication.
- Enforcing adherence to community guidelines as needed.
- Assisting in the alignment of company messaging for product updates.
- Managing and engaging with Zapier experts.
- Keeping up on industry trends.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least two years of experience in the SaaS industry and previous relevant experience as a community moderator.
- Superior writing, relationship-building and time-management skills.
- Ability to be creative and resourceful when driving traffic to the community and keeping engagement levels high.
- Capacity to pitch new ideas and see potential partnerships.
- Health insurance, including vision and dental (U.S. employees only).
- Company-match retirement plan with 4% company match (U.S. employees only).
- Unlimited vacation policy, and you must take at least two weeks.
- Paid leave of up to 14 weeks for new parents (biological or adopted).
- Two annual company retreats.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.