Work From Home
Night Owl? Tech Savvy? US Foods Is Hiring an Overnight Help Desk Rep
Calling all night owls: US Foods, a food distribution company, is hiring a remote associate service desk representative to work the overnight shift. You may reside anywhere in the U.S. except Hawaii and the U.S. territories.
You will be responsible for answering support calls from internal and external customers.
Hours for the job will be Tuesday – Saturday from 10 p.m. – 7 a.m. Central Time, but you’ll need to be available to work various shifts that could include weekends and holidays.
While a high school diploma or the equivalent is required, a bachelor’s degree is preferred. You should also have at least two years of IT technical service or help desk experience, along with some understanding of incident management processes.
Associate Service Desk Representative for US Foods
- Answering support calls from internal and external customers.
- Escalating support issues.
- Entering data into the tracking system.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or the equivalent (bachelor’s degree is preferred).
- At least two years of IT technical service or help desk experience.
- Some knowledge of the Internet, Intranet, Mainframe and client/server environments.
- Understanding of Incident Management processes.
- Flexible schedule.
Benefits at US Foods include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) with company match.
- Employee stock options.
- Paid time off.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Danielle Braff is a freelancer in Chicago.