Work From Home
Passionate About the Planet? Raise Money for the Sierra Club With This Job
You’re passionate about saving the environment, but you’re practical enough to know that doing so takes money.
Unite your head and your heart with this job.
Sierra Club is hiring a work-from-home “concierge” — really, a fundraiser — to raise money for the organization. In this role, you will serve as a point of contact to donors and potential planned giving donors.
Although it’s a full-time, 40-hour-a-week role, you should be available to work on special projects that could add at least 10 hours of overtime per month, including weekend work.
Concierge at Sierra Club
- Calling between 20 and 40 donors and prospects daily.
- Cultivating donors throughout the year via personal notes and phone calls, thanking monthly donors and presenting additional ways to give.
- Recording donors’ interests in Salesforce and asking for donation upgrades based on that information.
- Screening leads for the Planned Giving Team and managing existing planned giving donors.
- Troubleshooting problems with donors’ experience.
- Rating and referring prospects to major gift officers.
- Monitoring and updating telemarketing center campaigns, providing feedback to associate director to improve performance.
- Serving as backup to the associate director for telemarketing programs.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least three years of experience in telemarketing sales, customer service or non-profit fundraising.
- Strong writing and editing skills to compose thank you letters and other written communication.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Salesforce and PowerPoint.
- Ability to interact professionally and diplomatically with public, staff, vendors and consultants.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage.
- 401(k) retirement plan.
- The warm-and-fuzzy feeling that your work is helping protect baby animals.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.