Work From Home
Science Background? Become a Technical Writer for ThermoFisher Scientific
ThermoFisher Scientific is hiring a technical writer. Although this is a remote position, the successful candidate will live in Carlsbad, Calif.
This position is part of the company’s technical communications team. You’ll be creating user guides and software help systems for the company’s regent kits, software and more. You will analyze and assemble info from research scientists and product managers and engineers, managing many projects simultaneously.
You should have a bachelor’s degree in a science-related field (biotech preferred), along with at least two years of technical writing. Experience with XML authoring tools, HTML and CSS markup language is preferred
Technical Writer for ThermoFisher Scientific
- Creating guides, software help systems and technical publications.
- Assembling info from scientists and product managers.
- Creating content using XML-based authoring tool.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a scientific field (biotech preferred and advanced degree preferred).
- At least two years of technical writing experience.
- Experience leading multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience with XML authoring tools and with HTML and CSS markup languages preferred.
- Expertise in FrameMaker, InDesign, RoboHelp or Word (preferred).
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Danielle Braff is a freelancer in Chicago.