Work From Home
Score Great Benefits and Work From Anywhere as an Analytics Engineer
You won’t need any fancy degrees or certifications to land this gig, but you will need the skills to prove yourself.
Automattic, the company behind WordPress, is hiring an analytics engineer to analyze, clean up and report on data.
To qualify, you’ll need to be fluent in SQL and have knowledge of a scripting language like Java, Python or PHP.
Day-to-day responsibilities rely on Looker, a business intelligence platform. Bonus points for hands-on experience with that or similar software.
Submit a cover letter with your application form with stellar responses to the following prompts:
- Tell Automattic how the analytics engineer role fits into an analytics organization, and how your experience and skills qualify you to play that role.
- What would you like to be working on in 2021?
Use the cover letter as a way to distinguish yourself. The listing states that the company receives hundreds of applications for each opening. (Properly stylize WordPress and spell Automattic. Remember: three t’s!)
Analytics Engineer at Automattic
- Creating data pipelines and reports that deliver actionable information to the product and business teams.
- Striving for data quality by auditing sources, documenting issues and collaborating with other teams to troubleshoot.
- Performing ad hoc data analyses.
- Developing models and dashboards using Looker.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Fluency in SQL programming language.
- Knowledge of Java, Python, PHP or another scripting language.
- Experience with business-intelligence and data-flow software like Looker, Airflow and dbt – or a willingness to learn.
- An understanding of common metrics and processes of a Software as a Service (SaaS) business.
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) with company matching.
- Parental leave.
- Two to three month paid sabbatical (every five years).
- One to three fully-paid, international company-wide retreats each year.
- Home-office equipment and co-working allowances.
- Reimbursement for role-related hardware, software, books and conferences.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job