Work From Home
Speak Spanish? United Health Is Hiring Nurses for Its Call Center
Love nursing? Hate the scrubs?
United Health is hiring registered nurses to work remotely answering calls for its 24-hour Nurse Line.
And if you’re stuck with nursing student loans, this could be the job could help you put a dent in that debt.
The job requires at least three years of experience, and you must be bilingual in English and Spanish.
There are three positions available: Two work 5 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. EST and the other works a 10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. EST shift.
The first two weeks on the job will be training from 9 a.m. or 10 a.m. EST to 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. After that will be one to two weeks of precepting during your trainer’s regular shift.
Not a nurse? Check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal. We post new opportunities there all the time — and we vet them, too.
Call Center Registered Nurse at United Health Group
- Assessing and triaging callers’ immediate health concerns.
- Coordinating services and referrals, helping select best physician and facility to maximize access, quality and savings.
- Coaching consumers on treatment alternatives.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Active, unrestricted RN license in the state of residence
- Multiple state licensure (or ability to obtain) — CA RN license and/or Compact Multi-State RN license is preferred.
- At least three years of experience in a clinical setting, with one to two years in a hospital or EMT setting. Triage and critical care experience is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish and English (you’ll be required to pass a test prior to hire).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Home office with high-speed DSL or cable internet.
- Availability to work eight-hour shifts every other weekend and on a holiday rotation.
- Ability to work at least 35 hours per week but no more than 45 hours per week, depending on peak periods.
Benefits at United Health include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts.
- 401(k) savings plans.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- PTO and paid holidays.
- Education reimbursement.
- Adoption assistance.
- Volunteer rewards.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.